District of times, leaving out the 20G for the division of space for the yes. Installed UBUNTU!
1. Install WIN XP operating system. (Specific steps should not speak? Everyone knows that!) But! In the sub-set of the time to pay attention! Must Go out to some of the division of space, in order to later install LINUX systems.
For example, my hard drive is 120G, I built the C drive (15G) to the XP system, D drive 85G to a file. For the division of space 20G.
1.5 UBUNTU the system disk can be
Free to get.
2. To be completely installed XP well beyond into the UBUNTU operating system. This dish can be used as LIVECD can also be when the system installation disk. First reboot the computer, boot from the CD, this disc when LIVECD use. Into UBUNTU interface after above the desktop has a "INSTALL (install)" a small pattern. Double-click him! to install UBUNTU!
3. Step by step, you are prompted to.'ll Need you two new areas.
1) "SWAP" partition (space: the memory of the 2-3 times or more)
2) "/" root partition (space: all remaining space) be selected as "EXT3" format.
4. And then it ~ all the way mad points after NEXT, it was found, "is not it, which it installed?"
See UBUNTU interface, psychological that happy ah! Quickly and play! Click FIREFOX find ah? Unable to get online? Not right!! Boss other jokes ah!
Can not .... then GOOGLE!
Citie .... found it helped me a great big favor! Quickly reposted elsewhere come! To help all the newbies started with UBUNTU!
Edit / etc / network / interfaces file command:
implemented under the root user
vim / etc / network / interfaces
The iface eth0 inet dhcp
# Iface eth0 inet dhcp
iface eth0 inet static
Save out the implementation of:
vim / etc / resolv.conf
Shows: nameserver 192.168.0.1
Delete nameserver 192.168.0.1
nameserver (light windows on the first DNS)
nameserver (light windows on the second alternate DNS)
Save out, do reboot from Kai, you can get online.
Change the GRUB default boot system
I just found the wiki way to set the startup item, take it down later will be used are.
As a precaution, a first test, menu.lst file:
sudo cp / boot / grub / menu.lst / boot / grub / menu.lst_backup
Then open the menu.lst file:
sudo gedit / boot / grub / menu.lst
Replaced with the following line:
X_sequence means that your operating system entries in the item number (from 0 to start, "Other operating system" of the class are also considered.) Such as my windows xp boot entry is the first five, then I put default 0 to change the default 4
From the Restart, windows XP is the default boot entry has.