Windows 2000 and above versions of the operating system in the MMC, presumably we all used it. Through a unified standard WMI, the way a similar service module configuration of the computer's resources and management. I think that WMI is the most common form of the. Through WMI, we can system resources (including the machine's various software and hardware resources, such as application procedures, drives, printers of the classes) for remote management system in various ways to receive event notifications. Of course, we can write applications consistent with WMI standard. The current understanding of just that, huh, huh.
MSDN link on WMI: Windows Management Instrumentation Start Page
I recently translated a WMI application example: Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Implementation , is to use VC #. NET 2003 version written before.
Windows Management Instrumentation WMI of four structure (from low to high)
- Managed System (IMIS) is the data source, typically operating system, services, applications, device drivers, network, printer, etc..
- Provider as a managed system and the top of the Common Information Model Object Manager CIMOM between the middle layer, the lower the upper extraction of relevant information, trigger events, event notifications generated for the lower layer, and management information and interfaces mapped to the CIM class library .
- Common Information Model Object Manager Common Information Model CIM CIMOM is the repository of the management interface. CIM repository is an object-oriented database, these objects can be established between the association, the developer can also add in the existing environment, a new class to represent a new managed object. Both unified WinMGMT said through a set of COM interfaces for a visit. And this CIMOM has the equivalent of the upper user agent.
- User is the system management applications (such as Microsoft Systems Management Server) or third-party applications or scripts, it is the end user host system to process information.
In the. NET Framework in, System.Management namespace provides a common framework for traversing WMI class. Of course, also need to be installed on the computer using the WMI namespace management (Windows Me/2000/XP have installed WMI, or need to download WMI for installation). System.Management.Instrumentation namespace is to allow developers to customize the managed classes and the mapping between WMI classes, so you can freely use their application process as the most suitable structure to define the class. Managed WMI classes can be mapped to meet the standards of the WMI class structure. This allows developers to use managed classes more efficient, but also management tools to correctly interpret the data specifications provided by the application.
System.Management namespace support for WMI operations commonly used objects, as detailed in the local MSDN . NET Framework class library -> System.Management namespace
- ManagementObject or ManagementClass: corresponding to a single managed object or class.
- ManagementObjectSearcher: for according to the specified search query or enumeration ManagementClass ManagementObject or collection of objects.
- ManagementEventWatcher: for reservations from the WMI event notification.
- ManagementQuery: base class for all inquiries.
- ManagementPath: a package for the analysis and generation WMI object path.
- ManagementObjectSearcher: query retrieval based on the specified collection of managed objects.
- ManagementScope: that the scope of management operations.
- WqlObjectQuery: WMI data that WQL format