Show Comments found a lot of friends named for the software version is not quite understand, what is Beta What is RC?
So specifically from the network has collected some information on this easy introduction. Everyone can click View Details.
1. Software version stage
* Alpha version: This version of the software express at this stage is based on software-based implementation, usually only in-house software developers communicate, in general, the version of software Bug more, need to continue to modify.
* Beta version: This version has been compared with the α version of a great deal of improvement , the elimination of a serious mistake, but there are some shortcomings, need to go through several tests to further the elimination of major changes in this version of software such as UI.
* RC version: This version is already quite sophisticated, and basically do not exist cause errors BUG, the forthcoming issue of the official version of the same amount of money.
* Release Version: This version implies that "the final version", in front of the beta version of the series, after, after all, there will be a formal version, users are finally delivered a version of. This version is sometimes also known as Standard Edition. Under normal circumstances, Release forms will not use the word appears in the software on the cover, replaced by the symbol (R).
2. Version naming convention
Software version number consists of four parts, the first one the main version number, the second one for the sub-version number, and the third one for the stage version number, the date of the fourth version number is divided into Greek letters add the version number, the Greek alphabet version number of a total of five kinds, namely: base, alpha, beta, RC, release. For example: 1.1.1.051021_beta.
3. The version number for amending the rules
* Major version number (1): When the function modules have larger changes in several modules such as an increase or a change in the overall architecture. This version number by the project to decide whether to amend.
* Sub-version number (1): When the function must have the increase or change, such as increased access control, increase features such as custom views. This version number by the project to decide whether to amend.
* Stage version number (1): Bug fix in general or are some small changes, it is necessary to always publish revised edition, the time interval not limited to, repair a serious bug to publish a revised edition. This version number by the project manager decide whether to amend.
* Date of the version number (051021): used to record modifications in the project's current date, changes to the project every day are required to change the date the version number. This version by the developers to decide whether to amend.
* Version number of the Greek alphabet (beta): This version number used to label the current version of the software development phase in which, when entered into another phase of the software when necessary to modify this version number. This version number by the project to decide whether to amend.
4. File naming convention
File name from the four parts: the first part of the project name, the second part is a description of a document, the third into the current software version number, marking the fourth stage is divided into file add file suffix, such as: project outsourcing platform test Report 1.1.1.051021_beta_b.xls, this document outsourcing platform for the project a test report documents, the version number is: 1.1.1.051021_beta.
If it is the same version of the same stage of the revised document more than two, then at the back stage to figure logo logo, add one figure for each modification, project outsourcing platform test reports 1.1.1.051021_beta_b1.xls.
When there is more than submit the same document simultaneously, they can stage at the back add logos names or initials to differentiate, for example: project outsourcing platform test reports 1.1.1.051021_beta_b_LiuQi.xls. When this file can also be submitted again at the names behind the initials or names to add Ordinal distinction , such as: project outsourcing platform test reports 1.1.1.051021_beta_b_LiuQi2.xls.
5. The version number of the stages of identification
Each version of software, including 11 stage, a detailed phase described as follows:
Stage name stage logo
Demand control of a
The design phase of b
Coding Phase c
Unit testing d
Modify unit test e
Integration testing f
Integration testing modify g
System testing h
System testing modifications i
Acceptance Test j
Acceptance testing of modified k