Wastage rate technology sector is so big there are many reasons:
- Money is not in place. Inside this circle, this popular saying, "are paid out to the" I can not agree. Although I am on the current pay and benefits are not satisfied, but there are many things worthy of me to stay.
- Feelings are not in place. People have feelings. Often we are doing more than the donkey, but what problems they will inevitably look back meal swearword. Over time, I feel greatly reduced enthusiasm for work. Technology are made, there can not be mixed in to eat, so why should this be the gas ah.
- There is no room to grow. Room for growth here include two meanings: First, there is no room for growth positions, is a carrot a pit, and now pits are full; Second, the ability of individuals do not improve, there is no good training system, to enhance their own little space, which greatly wasted youth;
- No self-fulfillment. Many cases, the development of their own racking thing, for some reason to be Cut by, or with very little, I feel has done a lot of wasted effort, that performance did not.
- Career planning is not clear. Live every day doing the work is too trivial, giving the impression he was just a hands-on mission, where you need to go, no symptoms of pain are all raised, saying that white is the individual can do to live, and their very different direction.
- Division unreasonable. 80% of the living are doing that a few people, other people are passing and this situation really is there really people who work too little.
Work over the years, he incurs interviewed also interviewed others interviewed for the programmers, have experienced very good interview, very professional interview, also experienced a number of BT and the interview is accurate, I personally feel that a good interview, the interviewer is very important, so, this article would like from the "interviewer" point to elaborate. Thus, there follows an article, I hope this experience useful for your career, especially the recruitment and interview programmers who are friends, I think this article we will have a lot of inspiration.
For the recruiter, in recruiting programmers, I estimated that when interviewing candidates, the most important want to know is the following three things:
- The programmer is smart enough?
- The programmer can get things done?
- The programmer can work together with my team it?
I believe that this is all team managers to recruit people to consider three questions, all problems are basically revolve around these three questions. Sometimes, you may find the technical skills of programmers can solve these three problems, a good technical capacity must be a clever man, who can handle things, of course, will be able to work with the team. Yeah, looks like this, but in fact not the case. Some people do very smart, but they can not handle things work, so people should be your friend, your adviser, but should not be your employees. Some people are very nice people, and the team all get along, but not very smart, but work very hard very hard, so that people can be your subordinates, such as the backbone of a subordinate assistant, or an entire team of assistants . If someone can not work with the team, regardless of how smart, how strong ability to solve problems, you should not work with him. People were that team harmony is the premise of everything.
Recruitment process for the traditional interview, basically look like this are the following:
- Read the candidate's resume, so that candidates to introduce myself.
- Asked very detailed some of the more difficult technical problems to a question and answer form.
- To the number of interviewers and a few programming problems. (For example, the algorithm in some weird questions)
I personally feel that this interview method is very funny, and very bad, especially behind the two points. Generally speaking, this will only make you an interview to interview some "nerd" or some "technology followers," Let me look at it one by one to analyze several disadvantages.
- It's hard from a person's resume or self-introduction on the understanding of a person. Because these are written by the parties themselves, or their own elaborated. So, this is not very accurate, by CV, you can only know the very simple thing, whether it can move a piece of self is not enough. In the beginning of the interview, so candidates introduce themselves, will only make the interviewer in the face of a very formal approach to the entire interview. Once the interview process is very formal, very serious, people will be detained, in fact, this is not what we want, I want the candidates true and natural expression, and thus to understand the real thing.
- Ask a few technical problems. For example: I've been through - "ps the-a parameter What do you mean?", "Vi command to delete line breaks what?", "C + + keywords explict, mutable is used to do?", Etc. and so on. As a candidate before, I hate this, because such a question check the manual to find out. Does he want to move is a dictionary manual? Not a person? For this regard, the important thing is not knowledge, it is important to find the knowledge of its capabilities.
- To one or several candidate algorithms is difficult to question, to the last ten minutes, then let the interviewer to write down the pseudo-code, or code. This approach is quite ridiculous, can not check the information can not be discussed, people respond in a stressful situation, it is simply not practical in the state, and our interviews have become a kind of make things difficult for (my metamorphosis experience is that when I write the code in the two-page paper turned up, the interviewer put it to the output of the computer programmer to do next to check the results, said the programmer, the compiler error. Then, the interviewer said, "It is sorry, could you write the program is not more ", quite funny). For this point, the important thing is not the answer to that problem-solving, but problem-solving ideas and methods.
I've experienced a lot of interviews, when the technicians come and interview me, I found that "technical thinking" For some people, not tell the interview and examination, in the subconscious, they often not in an interview this person, but in making things difficult for the person and thus show their skills. I personally think I am a good programmer, but I can tell you I can not do the interview because the interview as prepared for their own, and not prepared for the candidate.
So, what I do to the interview?
First, read other people's resume is needed, from the resume, work experience, project experience, technical skills, the three things you need to know. Generally, you can determine by telephone about his first work experience, project experience and technical skills, and then, if he and the people you need to match the conditions, it can be called the company to do face to face interview. Do not put someone else called in, and you say your work experience and our gap to the group. (I had an interview experience, the company I do not say, because it is known that companies need to have good communication, interview me about 9 times, from the average programmer, PM, manager, to general manager, and the final direct told me that my previous experience and their requirements differ greatly. I have to ask, and in front of several interviews they are doing?)
Opening the interview
Secondly, the people invited to the company interview candidates to the company to interview, it is important that you must let the entire interview process becomes a very casual, very relaxed, just like an ordinary chat and exchange between friends, like the general . This candidate will come true way to relax and to talk with you and chat, you can in a very short period of time to know more. Candidates down to the psychological burden, let it behave naturally some, it is the responsibility of the recruitment side. Do not say, other people too nervous to play well, sometimes, recruiters have to think about their own problems.
When opening the interview, do not let candidates introduce themselves, because the candidates have already sent you a resume, and you played to their phone. In addition, candidates practice in this interview are usually very well prepared, and on the other hand, it makes the whole interview process is too formal too serious. So, ask how the candidates come from? How you doing? And candidates can talk about a popular topic, such as like what sports, music, movies, what the social hot spots, and he is not board with a face, laugh, trying to make everyone relax. In addition, through the chat, you can know his / her skills with others and some personality. Also, do not let the table on between you and the candidates, do a random number of the environment.
To allow more candidates to talk about his experiences
Next, if you want to feel that if a candidate can solve the problem, a person can get things done, do not ask that he / she will do, directly ask its done? What worked? For a good programmer, it is difficult to imagine that they are not related to the practice, even if you are in college, you should do anything. If you have the ability to solve the problem, then, obviously, today, you should solve many problems, but also get a lot of things and listen to candidates talk about him those things. (Do not use a question and answer this way, candidates should be allowed to say, and listen more, think)
He told his project in time, generally speaking you should pay attention to the following:
- Communication skills. Candidates could put a thing clear. If this person smart, he can use simple language to a complex things clear. And, this is a good programmer the most basic skills. And, while you can describe the experience of candidates, you can have some good candidates in the back and forth conversation, so you know, for his communication skills and communication, to understand his character.
- The role and location. Perhaps he was involved in a big project, but only made a very simple module. Therefore, to understand its role in the project and the location is very necessary. When the candidates say "we" or "we" like the word, be sure to down detailed and clear.
- Contributions and solved the question of what. This is very important, by understanding this, you can know whether a clever interview, the ability to solve problems, whether there is good technical grounding.
- Demonstration. If possible, you can display some of their candidates wrote the code, did the design, or write directly to the program you look at his presentation. (From design, code, style, reuse, maintenance on the lot you can learn)
- Basic knowledge. Candidates learn about the project, the technology used some of the basics, for example, through the entire process, you can ask some of the network, language, face like objects, some basic knowledge of the system. Basic knowledge is very important, which is directly related to his ability.
- Processes and tools. Understand the candidates are familiar with the project process (silver bullet, waterfall, agile, ... ...), as well as the process some of the artifacts (such as: requirements documents, design documents, testing, side stalls, etc.), and used in the development process tool (memory tests, code review, BUG report, version maintenance, development and debugging ... ....)
Some would say that a candidate's experience can be compiled out of his own, he can put some of the things he did not say he did it. Yes, there are indeed such a possibility. However, do not forget, a lie more lies behind the need to Yuan Huang, so you do not have to worry about this problem, as long as you described in applicants during the stepwise refinement, refinement of the problem, you will know whether candidates is a story of.
Do keep in mind the following points:
- Conversational style to be casual and natural, not formal.
- To understand what candidates have done before, do not be too invested. Because recruiters are technical staff, so sometimes, recruiting candidates themselves because the technology made the project too charming and fascinating.
- Candidates to pay attention to guiding people. Believe me, there are ten candidates for eight programmers do not know about what to do before. Because they skip the project background and what kind of problems to solve, and directly into the concrete realization.
- Not a question and answer, should allow more candidates that, in order to more comprehensive understanding of a person.
- About a person's past, about a person did, than it will do is more important.
- About a person's character, ideas, thinking and behavior, than to understand the technical skills more important.
- Communication skills, presentation skills, language, organizational skills, understanding, ability, etc., whether related to the work with others.
- Bit more than basic knowledge to be more important than knowledge. You may not know its a C + + keywords, but you should know C + +, inheritance and polymorphism.
- While technical skills are important, but its more important than the person's ability to acquire knowledge, learning ability is such a rapid change in the computer industry a necessity.
- Can the culture is more important than the skills to master.
This step may be very well implemented. The reason is that some candidates need to pay a certain amount of time, if the graduates, that there is no problem, let him come to practice for some time. But if other people have to work on the bad. Perhaps you will say, this is the trial period useless. However, I personally feel that, you have to respect the candidates, others resigned to work over there to work on your side, three-month trial period, if there is no problem in principle, you as a recruiter and go back on , this is very very bad. If you find such a thing can only be recruited by their own problems.
During the interview process, some recruiters candidates will play a game together, or put forward a debate competition, a team or group of dry-site simple things, and some even allow candidates a day off to your company and his team in to work one day together, and to accomplish a thing (or even to its setting on the deadline), and through these to consider the candidate's actual ability to participate.
Yes, if not worked with, not some practical things to happen, a few hours of the interview alone is difficult to know a person. Set on the part of these interviews, in the shortest period of time to understand all the candidates for the recruiter is understandable. But sometimes also get good results. Here I mention only that such a cycle, sometimes very long, so that candidates pay a lot of anti-Seoul will become disgusted and tired of candidates emotions, in a sense, this really is the candidate The lack of respect.
For this, I have always held the attitude of doubt, so I played in the following two question marks. Honestly, for the actual participation in this aspect of my personal opinion is to stop, because time is too short, no matter how you do what you can not understand integrity. Now that can not be a complete, just get it you need the most is the beginning of this article the three issues, and the above mentioned "third point" (to know a candidate's past experience.)
From the cool shell , a very good blog.