CD-ROM read too slow, mainly CD-ROM is damaged, try to move the hard drive to install MacOSX, this switched here .
Mac OS X did not have genuine Windows piracy points. Buy a Apple computer products will be randomly sent to the operating system CD, but do not have serial number to activate something. Before I got the 10.5.2 version, in 10.6 out before reloading the system is relatively simple, use this CD to install, then use the automatic update to upgrade to the latest 10.5.x later version.
Snow Leopard came out a complicated point. This can take 39 new ways to get money through the official new version of the DVD, in fact, this price is quite low. But before I heard a friend often comes with a DVD-ROM was broken, leading to installation of the system can not drive. So I thought to Demonoid to download the latest version of the dmg by external mobile hard disk installation.
In addition, as the Snow Leopard image file with 6 ~ 7GB, so the normal 4.7GB DVD discs can not pretend to be, this is my reason to use an external hard drive installation.
Mobile hard disk partition
- Prepare a mobile hard drive, before use of backup inside
- Mobile hard disk connected to a machine with Mac OS X
- Start the "Applications"> "Utilities"> "Disk Utility"
- In Disk Utility, select the list of left disk mobile hard disk, choose the right "partition"
- Program files selected two partitions, select the first partition "Unnamed 1", set the size to 10GB, format Mac OS Extended (Journaled), name of their own free.
- Click the Options button, choose "GUID Partition Table", because we use this partition to boot.
- Another partition at their disposal, I set it to MS-DOS (FAT), so that Windows and Mac can read and write.
- Click the Apply button, wait for the partition is completed.
Installation image to a removable hard disk recovery
- Assumption has been downloaded, the Snow Leopard install DVD image file called h-mosl1063.dmg, size of 6.83GB. No, it is recommended to Demonoid download BT seeds .
- In the Disk Utility screen, select just the first sub-partition, click the "restore", click "Image" button, select the change the image file.
- In the left list, select the disk mobile hard disk first partition, drag the right side of the "destination disk" text box
- Click the Restore button
- Wait for recovery completion. Then you can use this mobile hard disk to start the installation of Snow Leopard.
Connect the HDD to be installed in the machine, start the computer while holding down the option key and wait for the boot partition selection screen, select the installation of mobile hard disk volumes, it can be installed. Behind the installation process and using the DVD as there is no longer described.