. Flex RIA development environment and related development tools, complete set to read 133 comments 0 2010-03-21 21:02:24 font size: medium and small subscription.
March 2004, Macromedia (2005 was Adobe acquired) released Flex 1.0. Since then, Flex-based RIA development gained more and more power, RIA has become a widely accepted way of Web application development. This year, Adobe will release Flex 4, followed by a Flash Builder 4 and Flash Catalyst, they will become the Adobe Flash Platform technology component. InfoQ recently reviewed the current Flex RIA Adobe Flex ecosystem in order to clear the status quo.
Flex Development Environment
Adobe Flex Builder is still the most widely used commercial Flex IDE. It is built on open source Eclipse IDE platform. After the release of the Flex 4, Flex Builder will be renamed Flash Builder. In addition, Adobe Flash Catalyst is still in beta, this is a design tool, designed by integrating design and programming to the Flash designers and developers to link Flex.
In addition to the tools Adobe, Flex developers have also been deep into the various existing IDE.
• IntelliJ IDEA, which is a big success of the Java IDE, it has started supporting Flex from v7 developed. The latest IntelliJ IDEA 9 provides a more comprehensive features to support Flex.
• Amethyst is a Microsoft Visual Studio is built on top of the Flex IDE. It to the Microsoft platform to provide developers a familiar environment for Flex development.
• Ensemble Tofino for Visual Studio is also a Windows developer for the Flex development tools.
• FlashDevelop is an open source ActionScript 2 / 3 and Web development environment. It integrates Adobe Flash IDE, Adobe Flex SDK, MTASC (an open source Flash), haXe (an open source programming language that can be compiled into swf) and swfmill (a bi-directional XML-to swf conversion processor) .
Software development framework aimed at achieving a common software development model to enhance productivity and improve the quality of programming. InfoQ launched in 2008 noted a number of Flex / ActionScript Flex framework for enhancing utilization of credit. They are the Cairngorm, PureMVC, Model-Glue: Flex, Foundry, Guasax Flex Framework, ARP, Flest Framework, EasyMVC and Adobe FAST. Since then the emergence of a growing number of frameworks that enrich the development of Flex ecosystem:
• Ruboss integrates the Flex framework Ruby on Rails and Merb. It also has a RESTful interface to the embedded SQLite with Adobe AIR to communicate with the database. Ruboss Rails and Merb application framework and the relationship is like Adobe LiveCycle Data Services ES as the relationship with the J2EE application.
• Mate Flex Framework was released in 2008, its purpose is to simplify event-driven Flex application development.
• Swiz is the IoC framework for Flex. It does not much mandatory requirements, such as directory structure or other boilerplate code, which is very different from other frameworks such as JEE.
• Prana is another of the IoC framework for ActionScript. It is based on Spring Framework XML way for development.
• JumpShip is ActionScript MVC framework that includes a standard data model for automated data classification, enumeration, and search. It is against the use of single cases in the frame mode, and single-case model in the framework of modern software has been widely used.
• GAIA is front-end for Adobe Flash ActionScript framework to support the Flex Builder.
• Razor is an ActionScript Component Framework for Flex components commonly used to provide an alternative.
• Flight Framework is another ActionScript framework to support the MVC and other design patterns.
Flex and AIR development tools
If there is no debugging, testing, logging and documentation, software development and how to proceed. In the past few years, Flex / ActionScript to create a large number of community development support tools.
• RIATest is the GUI for the Flex automated testing tools. It supports Windows and Max OS X.
• Flexcover is for Flex, AIR and ActionScript 3 open source code coverage testing tool.
• Alcon is a lightweight debugging tool to support ActionScript3, Flex and AIR development.
• Fluint (Flex unit and integration for short) is for the Flex 2 / 3 of the test framework, both applications are deployed through Adobe Flash Player Web browser or through Adobe AIR desktop deployment.
• Arthropod is a Flex and AIR development for debugging tools. With Arthropod, developers can easily debug applications running on.
• De MonsterDebugger is for Adobe Flash, Flex and AIR project open source, lightweight, but full-featured debugger. It is completely developed using Adobe AIR.
• ASTUce is a regression testing framework inspired from the xUnit framework, such as JUnit. It supports unit testing of ActionScript 3.
• AsUnit is for ActionScript 3 open source unit testing framework. AsUnit 2.x is fully integrated with the Flash IDE.
• FlexMonkey is a testing framework for Flex applications, Flex UI functionality that can capture, playback, and confirmation. FlexMonkey can record and play back Flex UI interactions and generates ActionScript test scripts can be easily integrated into the continuous integration process.
• Xray is a Flash application testing tool for debugging applications running on application load does not increase.
• FlexPMD created by Adobe to the source code directory by examining the AS3/Flex to improve code quality and testing common worst practices.
• Natural Docs is a document generation tools, support for multiple languages, including ActionScript 3.
Flex Enterprise Development
Adobe in the enterprise application development has put a lot of manpower and resources. Most server-side enterprise systems development and integration needs, Adobe's open source BlazeDS and Livecycle DS in commercial products which play an important role. In addition, Flex / ActionScript community also developed a variety of server integration tools to support enterprise-level Flex RIA development.
• Potomac framework for Flex to develop large-scale Flex application, which uses a modular approach which does not use Flex modules framework. The inspiration comes from OSGi, which were a large number of application server vendors use to support modular server functionality.
• FluorineFx provides a Flex / Flash Remoting, Flex Data Service and real-time messaging functionality. NET Framework implementation.
• FxStruts is an open source library that provides a Struts in the bean: write the same function, but the output format for the AMF or XML.
• X2O is Adobe Flex Application for Web-based data modeling platform. It will generate a remote managed framework, so developers can write client-side only.
• Spring BlazeDS integration is a Spring component, to simplify the Adobe Flex as the RIA front-end development based on Spring.
• Spring ActionScript formerly known as Prana framework (mentioned above).
• Granite Data Services is a free (based on LGPL) components, the role of the same with Adobe LiveCycle Data Services.
• Red5 is an open source Flash server, using Java.
• AmFast is the Flash Remoting framework for Python support NetConnection and RemoteObject RPC.
• Exadel Flamingo can be Flex, JavaFX, Swing, J2ME and Android SDK adhesion to the Seam, Spring and JEE in.
• There are a variety of scripting languages for the support of Flash Remoting: The PHPObject for PHP5 and SabreAMF, for the JEE of OpenAMF, for Perl, AMF:: Perl and Python for the AmFast.
Looking to the future, Flex RIA development areas will be the next mobile platform. The fact that the upcoming series of Adobe Flash 10.1 will be able to run on a large number of intelligent devices, such as going to release Google Nexus One phone will Anhui An install Flash 10.1. Once the Flash mobile technology turned out, Flex community will be a major push into mobile platforms.