"Continuous integration software quality improvement and risk reduction of the Road"
Continued integration of all of the people interested in the topic should read this book, but quickly browse again on the trip, the theme, after all, is a very practical subject, so look at and know the importance of continuous integration on it. The next step is to begin to implement it quickly, and implementation issues in this book will not give you answers, only you read the documentation to resolve.
I think the whole book is that it is the most important resource list, and set out for reference in the back
1. Proverbs Collection
When a project manager or a developer that has completed 80% of the task, you must remain cautious. Because the remaining 20% may also need 80% of the time, or even never be completed. - Translator Order
Chapter II, in a sustainable integration of the assumption that the mother of all trouble - Wethern 's Law of Suspended Judgment
Reduce the assumption that: Continuous integration in each version control system when a change in the implementation of construction, which helps to reduce the project's assumptions.
CI of the road - I Build So Consistently. Identify OK, Build build, Share share, Continuous sustained
1. Often submit code
2. Do not build the code presented
3. To repair the building can not be integrated
4. Preparation of the development of test automation
5. Must pass all the tests and review
6. Implementation of the private construction
7. To avoid to move out of the code can not be built
Chapter III using CI to reduce the risk of quality means that no one was looking, they also get it right - Henry Ford
Chapter continuous database integration you ever feel the project development process, source code and database as in the different "galaxies" in development? :)
To use the local database sandbox, used to do tests to use the database free of charge
Chapter VI continued testing practice makes perfect - English proverb
re.li.a.ble-- adjective: In the continuous experiments the same results given in
Chapter VII of the continuing review of who can use someone else's brain to complete his work, he was great - Donn Piatt
The purpose of the review is to find defects before the introduction of defects.
Through the continued implementation of the review, can reduce the defects found in the time between repair and follow-up.
Chapter continuous feedback as a general rule, the most successful in life is to have the best information on people who - Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881)
Continuous feedback and CI
At the right time, right way, the correct information to the right people - CI is to automate this feedback, goals and real-time (persistence) is the best tool.
Continued integration of the core - is to reduce the introduction of defects found and fixed the time interval between
A1 Web sites, articles
IBM Developerworks allows developers to automate many of the best articles series of columns
Book Website http://www.integratebutton.com/
Martin Fowler's article
Software Configuration Management Patterns, by Breczuk Appleton
Refactoring Databases - Ambler et
Evolutionary Database Design
A2 CI Tools Comparison Chart http://confluence.public.thoughtworks.org/display/CC/CI+Feature+Matrix
Study highlights AnthillPro Continuum CruiseControl LuntBuild Pulse Gauntlet Darco.NET
Distributed integrated construction BuildForge ParaBuild
HSQLDB Mckoi MySQL PostgreSQL
A6 test resource unit testing JUnit TestNG
Agitator for java code to automatically generate test cases and functional test automation system DbUnit Selenium Abbot Fit FitNesse
Web Testing Floyd HtmlUnit JWebUnit Selenium Watir
A7 automated review of resources
Java Checkstyle coding standard checks
Review tools code coverage Clover Cobertura EMMA NCover for. Net
Use JDepend, NDepend for dependency analysis, to maintain structure using PMD's CPD or redhill consulting the Simian check duplicate code, which is more detailed review of list of tools FindBugs, JavaNCSS, JDepend, PMD, Simian, SourceMonitor; and. Net platform FxCop , NDepend
A 8 Deployment
Ant + cargo, Capistrano for RoR
Feedback form email, SMS, Ambient Orb, X10 devices, Windows task bar, sound, widescreen display, browser plug-in, instant messaging [Jabber for gtalk, Pidgin etc], RSS and other mail servers http://james.apache.org /